Thursday, June 24, 2010

Top Ten List for Official Day Two

In honor of my third day, second FULL day at Starbucks, I offer you a Top Ten List- Top Ten Reasons It Benefits Me to Work at Starbucks.

10. The drinks. I mean, do I need a green tea frappuccino every day to live? Is it an essential food group? No and no. But am I going to get one? And am I going to love it? Yes and yes. There is a drink for every one of my moods. I can get an Americano when I’m feeling European. I can get a red tea latte when I’m feeling blue. And I can get an iced coffee with three shots when I feel like I just can’t make it another step without a big dose of caffeine.

9. The People. I mean, the mix of people that walk in that store can rival what you would see on one of those commercials that is trying to be really diverse and has every ethnic group represented at a barbeque or something...and you are left thinking, “There’s no way all those people would really hang out in the same place…” No, really, they do- and it’s at Starbucks.

8. The Smells. I love the smell of coffee brewing. I always have, it's nostalgic and reminiscent of mornings with my family. And today, when one of the girls came in, she started mixing chocolate in this big vat…and the aroma that filled the work area was like floating clouds of wonderfulness that would only occur in a movie like Willy Wonka.

7. The Newspaper. Someone always buys it and leaves it. Thanks for that.

6. The other workers. They are really hard-working and knowledgeable. I know we are all supposed to be that way, but they really are. They have all kinds of little tricks and tips that make something even as simple as an espresso shot more tasty. Like, don’t leave a shot for longer than 10 seconds without mixing it with something or it gets stale. Interesting stuff…at this point, everything is new to me.

5. The timers. I wish every job I ever had used timers that would beep when something is supposed to be done.

4. The opportunity. I meet so many people all day. And a lot of them want to chat…and network…which is a great tool and a cool way to meet some very interesting people. It’s always good to know that if I ever need to have the windows tinted on my luxury foreign car, there is a guy down the road that would give a 30% discount. First, I guess I need the luxury foreign car! Haha!

3. The ambience. We play good music and we have comfy chairs. A good place to be on break.

2. Outdoor seating. For someone (me) who is always cold, sitting outside is always preferable.

1. The number one reason it benefits me to work at Starbucks- On my way home from work, I don’t have to stop at Starbucks!!

2 comments:

  1. good top ten
    here is a couple of others.
    11. all the stock tips you will get, like, "buy bp stock while you still can."
    12. all the exercise, three feet at a time.

    ReplyDelete